Thursday, September 13, 2012

HERITAGE IS RETURNED - THE STRINGERS


Ken & Marie Stringer with Ken's mother, Barbara.

  Yesterday I returned my first family bible to The Stringer family.  The bible was started by Ken Stringer's great-great-grandparents,  John Edward & Sarah (Hoffmaster) Stringer, who were married on March 3rd, 1868.  
  We laughed over the initial reaction from his wife, Marie, when I tracked her down on Facebook and sent her a message.  I explained that I had this family bible that I THINK was from her husband's family.  I gave some of the names and information, so she had Ken check the facts with his mother, Barbara.  Ken's father, Harry Stringer, had done A LOT of research of his family tree, with genealogy being his passion.  Sadly, Harry passed two years ago.  So when Ken came in with my email to check out the facts, Barbara just went and got the BOOKS where Harry had kept the information.  The first book they opened had a picture of John & Sarah Stringer...............
  Marie emailed me back: "Correct... Very interesting.  Please leave your store phone number and I'll give you a call." I chuckled when I read that.......  I think she thought that I MIGHT be a little crazy..... little did she know........
  The mystery remains as to how THEIR family bible ended up at The Golden Nugget Flea Market in Lambertville, New Jersey when the family has lived in the Philadelphia / Norristown area for years.........
  I'm so glad that I could be the vessel that brought them all together.
  Ken & Marie plan on giving the bible to their newly married son, Ken, and new daughter-in-law, Jayna, so they can continue to put in their life information where the bible left off........

1 comment:

  1. Michael,

    I just wanted to thank you again for returning our family bible to us. It is such a priceless item to have and we all can't be grateful enough. I am in the process of getting names, dates, etc. to update it with some of the information that it is missing.

    I know you had several other bibles you are working on returning to their respective families and I wish you the best of luck. I hope you can make those families as happy and grateful as you did ours.

    Kenneth and Jayna Stringer

    ReplyDelete