Sunday, September 16, 2012

JOHN CUTHBERT OGILVY & FREDERICK TAYLOR CHANDLER

  When I was up in Adamstown, Pennsylvania and I went to visit my friends, Bruce Horton and Daniel Charest at The Black Angus Antiques at Stoudt's Brewery to look at a few pieces of "heritage" that I would like to have returned to their families........... except THESE pieces, I can't just GIVE to the families, because they have much more monetary value than the emotional value of the family bibles and pictures that I've been trying to return so far.
  The first piece is the fruit and nut set that I spoke about in an earlier blog.......... It was presented to John Cuthbert Ogilvy of Glasgow, Scotland upon his retiring in 1903 from "S. Allsopp & Sons", a brewer.  It's a BEAUTIFUL piece, as you'll see.
  I've tracked it down to his great-great-granddaughters named, Norma & Henrietta Ogilvy living in Spokane, Washington.....They were born in 1935 & 1940, respectively.



















  BDH Antiques also has possession of the sterling "loving cup" that was presented to "Frederick Taylor Chandler" when he was elected to the presidency of The Philadelphia Stock Exchange on March 30th, 1905 and was presented this by "A FEW FRIENDS"........  
  In looking for his lineage I came across the fact that Frederick was my 1st cousin 5X removed of wife 1st cousin 9X removed ......... Pretty funny, huh ?
  "Fred T. Chandler" was the vice-president of The Philadelphia Club, the precursor to The Philadelphia Phillies, among other things.




  I'll keep plugging along.....writing emails to relatives......hoping that someone will get back to me.

  Lest you forget,
  Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment