Monday, August 13, 2012

HERITAGE RETURNED.........Why ?

  Genealogy is my passion, & I've done my family tree AAAALLL the way back to 800AD, but what I don't have are artifacts of my heritage. OK, OK, I have a Mission rocking chair that was my great-uncle's & my father's 78 records, but that's about it.  That's just how it is. So when I started seeing family bibles & photos at flea markets, as well as engraved items like "loving cup" or presented pieces, it upset me. It upset me enough to action...... Then I realized that I could reunite articles of heritage with their families...........
  This is what I have done so far....... I bought two bibles that belongs to the Pursel/Hough/Heston/Slack families in Bucks County, PA & one bible that belongs to the Stringer/Burchfield families of Philadelphia, Chester County & Lancaster County, PA.  
  This past Sunday, I went up to The Golden Nugget outside of Lambertville, NJ looking for some thing that I could reunite with their families.  I found a picture in a little tooled leather book from the mid-late 1800's with a note pinned on the velvet inside.  It had someone's name, so it was a PRIME piece to research.  By the time we had ordered brunch at The Lambertville Station, I found her on Ancestry.com: 
Catherine Goetschius........mother of Elizabeth Ann Shurly Sutherland Shuart.......
  This is just my first post......getting my feet wet....... the NEXT posts will be of the individual pieces & their stories........

  Lest you forget,

  Michael

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful gift you are giving others. Hope this will be a huge success. Our ancestors thank you!

    ReplyDelete