Monday, August 27, 2012

SUCCESS.......... CONTINUED

  I emailed the person in charge of the "George Otis Willard Family Tree", who called himself "Computer Archivist", and heard back MORE details.
  Come to find out, he is the (ironically) computer archivist for the The Willard Family Association, & he started the tree on Ancestry.com to "help solve a research puzzle" one of the members of the association had posed to him.  The puzzle was about where George Otis Willard was buried, and they found out the answer before they knew about the family bible, BUT the bible confirmed their suppositions.  
   They held a small ceremony last month at his unmarked grave site, so The Willard Family Association is going  to help get a stone carved and placed.............
  How GREAT that the family has their own association ?  I wish WE did..... Actually, I guess I do........ I'm descended from John M. Mendenhall (1659-1743).  He was my 8th great-grandfather.  The Mendenhalls have their own association......
  I have two more pieces that I'll be adding soon...... GREAT pieces.........

  Lest you forget,
  Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment